1. Declutter: its better to look stark than messy. Narrow decor items to groups of 3 or less. Pack away all seasonal decorations.
2. Depersonalize: take down family photos and replace larger frames with artwork.
3. Neutralize: take down taste specific things like taxidermy, samurai swords or gun collections, action figure collections etc.
4. Deep Clean: don't forget the blinds, baseboards and windows.
5. Hide away all pet items, bowls, beds toys etc.
6. Put the i-robot out of sight.
7. Take all the coats and other items off the hooks in mudroom or entryway.
8. Make sure all curtains in the house are parted evenly and are draping nicely.